Client: Eastern Cape Liquor Board
This project involved the following
Analysis, design, synthesis, customisation and implementation of a Geographical Information System, including:
- Procurement of required GIS application software;
- Building of an ESRI geodatabase;
- Customised spatially enabled database application to provide analysis, business intelligence the ad-hoc reporting;
- Integration with existing ECLB system;
- Mobile device support;
- Acquisition, conversion, integration and loading of data sets from the Eastern Cape Provincial Government and other data providers into the geodatabase;
- Capture the spatial location of, photograph and load all licenced liquor outlets into the database;
- Training and skills transfer for end users.
- A demographic analysis of liquor traders to guide the issuing of new licenses;
- Reporting on the status of the liquor industry;
- Spatially enable and geographically locate registered outlets and applicants;
- Route planning for the regular inspection of licensed liquor traders;
- Proximity analysis of prospective liquor traders to schools, churches, or other relevant institutions to ensure compliance during the pre-registration process.